Sunday 8 March 2015

DIY | Simple Washi Tape Tea Light Candles


For me, Sunday's are all about relaxing and doing something that makes me feel happy, so today I'm bringing you a really simple DIY using a few things I had to hand in my craft box.

I picked up a pack of simple tea lights from IKEA last time I visited which were £1.75 for a pack of 100 and found some washi tape in various colours and designs which I had bought from eBay (they have an amazing selection).

I then wound the washi tape around the side of the tea lights and once it had gone all the way around just snipped the extra with some scissors.

It's a really simple idea which brightens up a plain pack of tealights, and they look beautiful on my windowsill. I plan to burn them later on when it gets dark.

I'm now looking up other ways to use washi tape and will hopefully try to make some more DIY's soon.


Do you like washi tape? 
What craft projects have you made with it?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. This is amazing! I have so many washitapes that I don't know what to do with them. Such a great idea :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love washi tape =] and this is such a good idea


    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted what todo with washi tape, they look so pretty and this is a fab DIY idea :)

    Shaz - www.apinchofshaz.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your tea lights look lovely with the Washi tape around them. I've never used Washi tape before as never know what to do with it, I know a lot of people use it on their planners and in card making. I look forward to seeing your other makes with Washi tape :)

    ReplyDelete