Thursday 20 November 2014

New Essie Additions...


Those of you have been reading my blog for a while will be no strangers to the fact that Essie is my favourite nail polish brand. I love the shades, the bottles, the names and finish. The only thing I don't really like about them is the price, at £7.99 a bottle, it's not the cheapest addiction to have, so whenever I go on Fragrance Direct, I always check out their Essie section. Instead of the usual £7.99, Fragrance Direct offer them for £2.49 a bottle!

Whilst browsing this time round I came across some 2013 shades that I wasn't able to get my  hands on at the time, so here is a quick run down of what I managed to get...


For The Twill Of It...
This was the shade I was most excited to get my hands on, personally I think this just sums up A/W. It's a rich medium brown with reflective green shimmer and reminds me of oil slick. It's the perfect colour to team with big oversized comfy jumpers and winter boots.

After School Boy Blazer...
The perfect chic blue/black shade. At first glance on the nails it looks black but on closer inspection you can pick out the blue tones. I definitely prefer this to this years offering of Aruba Blue which is gorgeous but not as subtle.

Shearling Darling...
A rich, ebony red which gives a vampy look, also perfect for this time of year. What I love about Essie is their ability to differentiate between different shades of the same colour. I have Bahama Mama, Sole Mate and Shearling Darling now and even though they are all red toned polishes I could easily distinguish between all of them.


Even though these were last seasons shades I was pretty chuffed to pick all three of them up for the price of what one of them would have cost last year. Make sure you check out Fragrance Direct as they still have quite a few different shades in stock!


Do you own any Essie polishes?
What is your favourite polish brand?



Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

4 comments:

  1. I picked up After School Boy Blazer too!

    Stephanie

    http://missstephanieusher.blogspot.co.uk/

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3436251

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always get my Essie polishes from Fragrance Direct, always find a bargain! xx

    Ioanna | Hearting.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Essie polishes! For the twill of it is gorgeous- I don't have anything like it!

    She Likes to Shop

    ReplyDelete