Friday 4 April 2014

Lush: Sweet Lips Chocolate Lip Scrub


I didn't realise how important it was to essentially prime your lips before wearing lipstick. I mean you prime your face before applying foundation, so why not your lips as well?

My Lush Sweet Lips lip scrub has been pretty much a neglected product until now but I have slowly but surely been making sure that I add it into my daily routine. I like to take a little bit and rub it into my lips before I have my daily shower.

As you can see from the photo above, its a sugary looking product which you basically rub all over your lips to exfoliate them and remove dead skin cells. I like to use it before showering to make sure that I've got it all off but you could lick if off if you like! The flavour I have is chocolate but I don't think Lush actually stock this one anymore. They do have a bubblegum flavour though which I've heard is quite scrummy! At £5.50 a pot they're great value for money as they last forever and have a really long expiry.

Using it has definitely made a difference when wearing my MAC lipsticks which can sometimes be a little drying. I've also found that it's increased the wear time before having to reapply. My lips just generally have a better feel too, I'm quite excited about popping on my summery glosses soon!


Have you tried any of the Lush lip scrubs?


6 comments:

  1. I love Lush lip scrubs, they are amazing for taking care of the lips and I also think that they really help to increase the wear of lippies :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love licking them hahaha this one sounds so so nice!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried the Lush Lip Scrubs, but I really think I need to buy one to try. I suffer from terribly dry lips.

    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so good! I really want to try the bubblegum one, would love if you could check out my blog :)

    http://istylethereforeiiwear.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to buy the bubblegum one for about a year but I never get around to it as I resent paying £5.50 for a little pot of sugar but I'm sure I'll give in soon as they taste so good!

    Ellie xx | http://theleobeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo chocolate flavour!!! I have the santa scrub which tastes like fake cola and I love it. I can wear lipstick without scrubbing my lips first.

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete