Monday 21 October 2013

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue...DIY

I have a few friends getting married next year and I always struggle to think of wedding gifts. Most couples these days like to ask for money contributions to help pay for a honeymoon or help pay off the wedding (like we did) but I still think it's nice to be able to give a little gift as well so I was doing some searching on the internet for unique gifts and stumbled across this little gem. Unfortunately, the price didn't entice me too much so I decided to create my own! Here is what I used to create mine:
Kilt pins x 5 - eBay
 Blue Swarovski heart charms x 5 - eBay
Lucky sixpence charm - Charm Supplies
Made with love hearts x 15 - eBay
Pearls - I cut mine off an old necklace
Just for you hearts x 15 - eBay

I bought all of the above from eBay apart from the pearls and sixpence. I searched for each item separately and bought from mostly Chinese sellers. I had to wait a few weeks for the items to arrive but I knew I had enough time to wait. The best thing was that everything I ordered had more than one item. I've got 15 hearts and stars each and 5 blue hearts and pins so I can make multiple pins and I got it all for about £8 including postage. The pearls are from an old costume necklace that I cut up and placed a little silver pin through to attach it to the pin and the lucky sixpence was 99p from a charm store online. I attached all the charms to the pin using jump rings (also from eBay) and a pair of pliers (from my husbands tool box!)

So this is the end result and I'm really pleased with it! It's come out at a fraction of the price of the shop one, its handmade with love and for under £10 I can make several more!


What do you think? Have you ever attempted to recreate something you've seen for less?


Twitter/Facebook/Instagram

2 comments:

  1. What a really lovely idea and it looks amazing, so unique x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, and it looks amazing, might have to try making myself one :) x

    ReplyDelete