Sunday 19 May 2013

Guerlain Rouge Automatique | 168 L'Heure Bleue


I've never really been a lip product person, but every now and then something catches my eye that I really love. I was lucky enough to win this gorgeous Guerlain Rouge Automatique lipstick in the shade 168 L'heure Bleue from Lipcote's Facebook page competition a few months ago now but it has just been sitting in the bottom of my make up bag, unopened and unloved - until today!

This lipstick just oozes quality! The packaging is amazing, as you can see from the photos its encased in gold and you slide the little "G" down to reveal the lipstick. Inside there is another Guerlain logo on the black rim at the base of the lipstick.

L'Heure Bleue is a ruby-shimmered blue-based red with a subtle pinkness. The color payoff is mostly opaque, but there’s an underlying sheerness that gives it a translucent look. It looks quite red in the photo but wears a lovely pink colour and once the initial application wears off it leaves a soft stain behind which is just as pretty. With a coat of lipcote on, i'm sure it will last a lot longer too.

I can't believe i've had this sitting in the bottom of my make up bag for so long and not used it! I'ts definitely going to be at the top from now on!

This lipstick retails for £24.50 and is available to buy from Debenhams.

6 comments:

  1. I love the subtle shimmer running through this lipstick - very pretty. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The packaging makes me melt! Would love to see the colour on as they way you describe it sounds gorgeous :)

    prettylittleus

    Kate
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to do a post with it on! lol. Am tempted to do a FOTD and wear it! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh my word! I want I want I want!

    Charlotte - blotandreapply.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This lipstick looks gorgeous! I have so many lying around, really need to follow suit and make the most of them!

    Love Tweet

    ReplyDelete